It's a question that's been debated for weeks now among those in UCF Nation and we want to take the official vote to the people, in order to come up with the clear cut final answer to this question:
Which UCF season has been the greatest?
Clearly, there are only two options that stand out above the rest. 2013's Fiesta Bowl year lead by O'Leary & Bortles and this year lead by Frost & Milton. Let's compare side-by-side...
- The team went 12-1 with wins that included a victory in Happy Valley vs Penn State, 34-31 in front of 92,855. A key win vs Louisville (who was ranked 8th at the time) 38-35 on the road. They beat USF 23-20 @ home in front of a sold-out crowd, the Knights came up with a clutch INT with less than 2 minutes left in the game.
- George O'Leary won AAC coach of the year
- Blake Bortles won AAC offensive player of the year
- UCF's one-loss came vs #12 South Carolina in Orlando, 28-25. The Knights were up 10-0 at the half until SC scored 28 straight points.
- Fiesta Bowl victory vs Baylor 52-42
- Highest AP rank - 10.
- Average home attendance 41k
- Nickname: Cardiac Knights.
- The team went undefeated in the regular season, plus winning a conference title. UCF was the only team in the country to finish unbeaten.
- UCF's key wins came vs @ Maryland 38-10, home vs Memphis 40-13, @ Navy 31-21, and then the two monumental games to end the season. USF 49-42 in a Black Friday classic, and Memphis again in the AAC title game 62-55 in OT.
- Scott Frost won AAC coach of the year
- McKenzie Milton won AAC offensive player of the year
- Highest AP rank, 10. Highest CFB Playoff rank, 12.
- Average home attendance 36k
- Nickname: UCF Fast
- Unique circumstances: The team dealt with a game cancellation due to Hurricane Irma, the birth of Scott Frost's first child, and the distraction of Frost's name as the hottest coaching candidate out there, which subsequently turned into him getting the job @ Nebraska.
VOTE ON THE THOUGHT-PROVOKING DAILY POLL!
Thought-Provoking Daily Poll:— 96.9 The Game (@969thegame) December 15, 2017
Which season is the greatest @UCF_Football season of all-time?