The Raptors and Raptors fans have been waiting for this moment since 1995 and now it's FINALLY here (pun-intended) and boy did they ever step up to the plate. The Raptors made it look like they are a match-up nightmare for the Golden State Warriors without their best player, Kevin Durant. Below you'll find highlights and the 5 reasons the Raptors won Game 1.
5 BIG THINGS:
- Pascal Siakam: scores 32 points going 6-6 in the 3rd quarter and scoring 11 straight FG's at one point in the game, passing names like LeBron, Duncan, Shaq, and Kobe (all with 8) over the last 20 seasons.
- Boogie Cousins returns but only plays 8 minutes and makes zero baskets.
- The Raptors were the 4th best team in the league all season long when scoring in transition, they outscored the Warriors 24-17 in fast-break points. The Warriors were 3rd in the reg. season.
- Marc Gasol causes major matchup problems down low for the Warriors, he scored 20+ for the first time in a Raptors jersey.
- The Raptors crowd was electric...including rap superstar, Drake.