Time to hit the waiver wire folks! You could argue, there is no more important waiver wire week than week 1. It's our first chance to right our wrongs from the draft and replace players that couldn't make it past week 1.
Now, I recognize that the availability of my 5 'must-adds' is dependent on your leagues layout, but I'm going with who I believe is generally available in most leagues. Here are the 5 guys I believe need to be at the top of your waiver order before you go to bed:
- Tarik Cohen RB Bears - This diminutive dynamo is sure to catch a ton of passes this year for Chicago, his week 1 performance was no fluke. He finished Sunday's game with 113 total yards, 8 catches, and a touchdown.
- Alvin Kamara RB Saints - Yes, I like him even better than Kerwynn Williams. Kamara fits so perfectly with the Saints high-octane and is clearly, at worst, the 2nd best running back in New Orleans. New Orleans uses their running backs a ton, and he's bound to be a huge part of the offense throughout the season. Plus, IF Mark Ingram ever goes down, he'll be a top 12 running back in fantasy. You heard it hear first. Also, AP sucks.
- Kerwynn Williams RB Cards - Well, he is taking over for David Johnson, so he's got value you can't ignore. Here's why I'm falling all over myself to grab him though: He's only relevant for 8 weeks, he's not supremely talented, and the Cardinals will likely use a committee. Either way, we need running backs in the baron wasteland known as FFB.
- Jaguars DST - Defense wins championships. Okay, maybe that doesn't apply in fantasy, but hey...you need as many points as you can get week to week. If the Jags can keep up anything even close to the pace they started in week 1 vs Houston, they're going to be elite. I'm talking Broncos, Seahawks elite. Don't laugh, they have so much talent on defense, if they can keep this up, the fantasy points will just keep rolling in.
- Kenny Golladay WR Lions - Wide receivers are a dime a dozen on the waiver wire, but Golladay has been doing this since training camp if you've been following along. Matt Stafford loves the guy, and the Lions can't run. Plus, the thing I like most, he's the biggest among Matt Stafford's receivers @ 6'4 (Marvin Jones 6'2 & Golden Tate 5'10). To my original point though, without his