NFL Draft tonight! And while I would typically go smooth through the first round, there's so much unknown, so many experts are predicting this year to be chaotic when it comes to trades, but I think I've got a pretty good idea of how this top 10 is going to shake out, so let's see how I do.
If you want to take part in my TOP 10 CHALLENGE, click here: ZONE-HEADS ON FACEBOOK.
1. Jags- Aidan Hutchinson- I’ll have to see it before I can believe it with Travon Walker. Hutchinson would be lethal in that defense, he can change the tone in the locker-room, natural leader. Seems like a slam dunk pick. 14 sacks last year!
2. Lions- Travon Walker- Too much smoke around this guy going towards the top of the draft, not sure this is what I would do, but the Lions seem to be building inside out, last year they take Sewell. This year they try and sure up the defensive line.
3. Texans- Ikem Ekwonu- This guy looks like an absolute mauler, a lot of good tackles in the first round, but when you look @ the highlights and just everything you read on this guy, the upside is ridiculous. I don’t think Houston passes that up.
4. Jets- Sauce Garnder- I think they look the way of Thibodeaux but ultimately go with the best corner in this year’s draft class. They really don’t have a shutdown corner and if you’re going to play in a division with Tyreek Hill and Stefon Diggs, ya probably need one.
5. Giants- Evan Neal- Probably hoping Thibodeaux is still there when they pick again @ 7, the Giants will take the most polished of the OL talents in this year’s draft. It’s a very Andrew Thomas like pick…which is what they did at 4th overall in 2020. Stick these 2 on opposite sides of each other and give DG a chance.
6. Panthers- Derek Stingley Jr- I’m sure they’ll think about going QB here but will ultimately decide against it. Instead, just snatch the best player available. Stingley opposite side Jaycee Horn who they got in round 1 last year, nice DB combo.
7. Giants- Kayvon Thibodeaux- I think the Giants should do backflips if they start the draft this way. Foundational pieces on offensive line and on defense.
8. Falcons- Garrett Wilson- Too early for Malik Willis but that doesn’t mean they need to forgo all style, flash, and sizzle. Wilson will inject some life back into this offense, and they need it given the Ridley situation and the fact that Russell Gage left in free-agency.
9. Seahawks- Charles Cross- This will help fill one of their biggest needs, it feels like the Seattle o-line has been one of the worst in football for way too many years.
10. Jets- Drake London- Time to help out Mr. Wilson. They got the speedy slot guy last year in Elijah Moore, London fits the Michael Thomas/Mike Evans role, just go up and get it.