So this is pretty cool. SunRail has announced that if you're headed to an Orlando Magic game weeknights through the first of April, you can ride the rail for free. Magic ticketholders can take the train to the Amway Center for free by showing their game ticket to the conductor.
How are you gonna get home?
The Florida Department of Transportation is reportedly adding an additional "southbound late train" to the schedule starting January 17th. But they haven't said anything about being able to take the train back home after the game is over. Right now the last evening trains, heading back northbound, run some time around 10:30PM. But the FDOT has not indicated whether trains will be delayed for games that end after the final scheduled departure time.
Either way, it's a pretty cool deal. Will help those wanting to avoid traffic and head straight to the games. Check out the dates scheduled for the additional run below:
- Friday, Jan. 21, vs. Los Angeles Lakers
- Wednesday, Jan. 26, vs. Los Angeles Clippers
- Friday, Jan. 28, vs. Detroit Pistons
- Wednesday, Feb. 16, vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Friday, Feb. 25, vs. Houston Rockets
- Monday, Feb. 28, vs. Indiana Pacers
- Wednesday, March 2, vs. Indiana Pacers
- Tuesday, March 8, vs. Phoenix Suns
- Friday, March 11, vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Tuesday, March 15, vs. Brooklyn Nets
- Thursday, March 17, vs. Detroit Pistons
- Tuesday, March 22, vs. Golden State Warriors
- Friday, April 1, vs. Toronto Raptors
- Tuesday, April 5, vs. Cleveland Cavaliers