Even if your team sucks, the NFL is PRODUCING for you right now!! Great teams have something to shout about. Crappy teams have plenty to gripe about. And all those in between have real hope at getting over the hump! Is it possible that this is the best NFL season ever? Okay, I won't lose my head here, but still...
We're almost halfway through the season and every Sunday is dynamic! I'm not trying to overstate this, but I don't think we can say it enough. The NFL is giving us everything we want and need and deserve right now. We were worried about whether the season would feel right. We were worried if the lack of preseason would be an issue. We were worried if teams could operate under COVID cautionary policies. But week after week the NFL is giving us life.
Listen, the Browns v. Bengals game was exciting yesterday! Did you read what I just wrote. The BROWNS v. BENGALS game was legitimately worth watching.
The Ravens had a bye this week, so I got to really take in some of the rest of the league yesterday. And there was some MAGNIFICENT performances. Here are some notables...
- Brady is going after a "I told you so" ring.
- These new QBs are the truth- Mahomes, Jackson, Allen, Murray, Carr (i told y'all not to sleep on him) even Baker Mayfield's got me second guessing myself.
- We DON'T FEEL BAD FOR COWBOYS FANS!!! We empathize with every injury, but the world loves watching y'all lose!
- We still live in the world of "Any Given Sunday".
- The COVID schedule changes have actually made football life better. More football is always better football.
- The Titans? Really? Tannehill? WOW!! (even with the loss Saturday, they looked GOOD working their way back into that game)
I don't know about many of you, but I'm super excited to see how the rest of this season plays out! It's been great so far, and it's only looking up!
And no matter what else happens, it's still Ravens v. Steelers this Sunday!