WHO IS THE GREATEST?
About a month ago, we started a bracket of 32, trying to determine who the greatest football player (college or pro) is in State of Florida history. Here was the general premise...
With football season underway around the country, we want to end the debate once and for all, we want your help in determining - who is the greatest football player (college or pro) in state of Florida history? Help us crown the true king of football inside the state of Florida and win tickets to a UCF game, Tampa Bay Buccaneers game and an autographed Mike Evans football.
You can still vote and win the prize, just an FYI. 969thegame.com/Greatest
And we're down to the final 2! Tebow in his Gator days vs Marino in his Dolphin days...Who is the greatest?
Here's the tale of the tape:
- He set NFL single-season records for touchdown passes (48), passing yards (5,084), and completions (362) in 1984
- Took the Dolphins to the Super Bowl in 1985 (lost to Montana and the 49ers)
- In 1986, Marino set an NFL record by throwing 100 career touchdowns in the fewest games-forty-four
- Marino became the first quarterback to reach 60,000 yards
- He retired holding 25 NFL regular-season records
- In 2006, Tebow was a key contributor to the Gators national championship team
- In 2007, he won the Heisman Trophy and the Davey O'Brien Award
- Tebow set numerous records in the 2007 season, including the Gators' single-game QB rushing yards (166) and records for SEC season rushing touchdowns (20), career high single-game rushing touchdowns (5) and SEC season total touchdowns (passing and rushing; 55).
- In 2008, Tebow lead the Gators to their 2nd national championship in 3 years
- He finished his career having help the team win 2 SEC titles and compete for another