GATORS IN THE NEWS FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS
6 Gators face potential discipline for their alleged roles in a confrontation in late May that involved airsoft guns, a baseball bat, rocks and a frying pan, according to a UF Police Department report.
Facts that we know right now:
- None face criminal charges but all 6 were referred to the Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution Department for possible punishment.
- Kadarius Toney and Kyree Campbell face university discipline for "holding and pointing what appears to be an assault rifle [later determined to be airsoft rifles] at other individuals on campus."
- WR'S Tyrie Cleveland, Rick Wells, TE Kemore Gamble, and QB freshman Emory Jones face university discipline for lying to the police about the incident.
- Head coach Dan Mullen has come out and said: "This has been an opportunity for us to educate our players about the dangers and negative perceptions that can occur when conflict arises, and how important honesty and good decision making is."
- The alleged confrontation involved 3 unknown men who asked to see WR Tyrie Cleveland, and threatened to come back to his dorm complex "strapped".
Read more details @ ESPN.COM
Check out the podcast below...