IT'S DRAFT DAY!
The QB's are usually the biggest story on draft day, and this year is no different. In fact, even more so than most. We may see 6 QB's get drafted inside of the first round tonight. A number we haven't seen since 1983 (the Elway, Marino, Kelly draft) -- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, and Mason Rudolph are the six being bantered about.
Today's poll features the consensus top 4 among NFL Draftniks. And each has something to fall in love with, coupled with a "fatal flaw", so what are those? I'll detail them with a brief description and then we'll let you play talent evaluator :
- Josh Allen
- Upside: Biggest arm in this year's draft, and he can run as well.
- Downside: 56% completion rate in 2017 and came up short in his biggest games.
- Stats 2017: Comp %= 56, Yards= 1,812, TD= 16, INT= 6
- Josh Rosen
- Upside: Smart, mechanically the best in this year's draft, throws receivers open better than most.
- Downside: Cocky, arrogant, and has durability concerns.
- Stats 2017: Comp %= 62, Yards= 3,756, TD= 26, INT= 10
- Sam Darnold
- Upside: It factor is out of this world, loves football, and is an Andrew Luck type playmaker.
- Downside: He turns the ball over way too much, poor throwing motion.
- Stats 2017: Comp %= 63, Yards= 4,143, TD= 26, INT= 13
- Baker Mayfield
- Upside: He's the most accurate QB in this draft, incredible leader/teammate, highly competitive.
- Downside: Off the field concerns, undersized, and played in a Big 12 spread offense.
- Stats 2017: Comp %= 70, Yards= 4,627, TD= 43, INT= 6
- Lamar Jackson (write-in candidate)
- Upside: Freakish athleticism, best runner in the draft @ QB, and throws an accurate deep ball
- Downside: Inaccurate with intermediate/simple throws, slight build may not hold up to NFL beating, footwork in the pocket needs a lot of work.
- Stats 2017: Comp %= 59, Yards= 3,660, TD= 27, INT= 10, Rushing= 1,601 (18)
VOTE ON THE THOUGHT-PROVOKING DAILY POLL!